Tuesday, May 7, 2013

EQUESTRIA LA. BIG WOW. FLUTTERSHY COMIC-FOLIO.

Hey Y'all.

Quick update today. Busy times at the studio. Lots to draw as always and now Convention season has really started rolling.

First things first. This weekend I'll be at
EQUESTRIA L.A.
May 10-13, 2013
Anaheim Marriott, 700 West Convention Way – Anaheim, California 92802 USA
Friday: 10 AM-11 PM (vendor hall closes 6PM)
Saturday: 10 AM-11 PM (vendor hall closes 7PM)
Sunday: 10 AM-5 PM

I've never been to a Pony show before... I have no idea what to expect except that the Pony fans have been super nice at all the other shows so-- probably more of that. I'll have pages and covers and comics to sell. So bring your pocket books. Unless you're an adorable kid-- Adorable kids can have a quick sketch if I'm not too busy. Ugly kids get nothing. NOTHING!

They'll have some original art from the Rainbow Dash 1 shot up for auction for their charity. and a Print too. So there's a chance to get a good deal on some original pony art and help out a good cause. That's at 1pm on Sunday, I think.

I'm not sure where they've got me set up. But you'll find me-- just look for the exhausted guy.


Another charity auction to watch-- EMERALD KNIGHTS Comics & Games has a page up in their Shriners charity auction. That one closes on Sunday the 12th at 7. Here's the Details.
Also in Emerald Knights news-- they're doing their first exclusive variant cover for MY LITTLE PONY #8 and guess who drew the cover? ME. That's who.

You can pre- order this one riiiiight here. Only $10!

Or if you want a little ink on your cover and are in the area, me and awesome interior aritist Amy Mebberson are doing a signing at Emerald Knights, Burbank on June 30th, 2013Info here.

(Colors are a little off on that jpg, if you want a better look at it check it on my deviantart.)


Other pony news (It's all ponies all the time here, apparently.) IDW LIMITED has just put the FLUTTERSHY COMICFOLIO up for preorder. $25 Gets you the cool, glittery portfolio case, the comic issue by Ms. Barbara Kesel and I with a "virgin" cover (that means no logos, y'all) and a full color lithograph of that same cover. The IDW guys hooked me up with a copy of the Rainbow Dash folio last month at Wondercon and it is magnificent.

Here's a look at that.

 And oh look! Your first peek at the interiors from the Fluttershy book and it's a 2 page spread! Take that, people who read comics on an ipad.

Finally, next weekend me and studiomates Tone Rodriguez and Drew Johnson are headed back to San Jose, CA for one of my favorite conventions-- The BIG WOW COMIC FEST!
May 18-19, 2013
Saturday May 18th, 2013 10am - 6pm With After Hours Programing!
 Sunday May 19th, 2013 10am - 5pm
San Jose Convention Center
150 W San Carlos St, San Jose, CA 95113

Join me, Tone, Drew and EVERY Comic artist you ever loved... ever. Seriously. This show has the coolest Guest list of any smaller show. It's crazy. Just look for yourself.  I'll be at AA57. Come say hi and/or buy some stuff. 


OK. I've gotta get back to work. There are a lot of Pony covers in the pipeline-- including some very big exclusives. BIG. So stay tuned. And also stay tuned for info on where I'll be in Denver, Texas, Cincinatti, New york. I'm all over this place this year. Hopefully I'll get to see all of you at some point or another in 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment